ARTELABS - ICT Services
Creating a website is not as easy as it seems, even if you use the CMS WordPress Interface with the Gutenberg Block Editor for example. Of course if you don’t care about coding, functionalities, SEO, etc., many online site builders that offer limited options and bad auto generated code, can ba available for free (see our article “About cheap or free on-line site builder“).
DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRAMMING: What are the REAL challenges?
A professional design and development project require multiple resources, a lot of time, patience, concentration and, above all, pre-established specifications (clients user-end requirements, a workflow, a business model, etc.) if not the project will never fulfil the client expectations. Many Open-Source Tools available can help developers to produce professional, beautiful and functional websites.
Today, in order to be productive and with all the new complexities a website can require, these tools can help out your efforts reducing code mistakes.
Here you are the 20 popular tools
- Sublime Text Editor: The shell for coding that highlights any kind of language (the must);
- CodePen: Development environment for creating websites;
- Angular: AngularJS (Google) helps in simplifying the front-end development;
- Chrome Developer: A set of developer tools that are easily accessed in the Google Chrome browser;
- GitHub: Git is a way of tracking changes in computer files and computer codes by different co-developers;
- Laravel: A PHP Framework with expressive, elegant syntax (server side coding).
- Symfony: A PHP framework for web projects and a set of reusable components (server side coding).
- W3C Schools: The world’s largest (and oldest) popular web development tutorial for the most used programming languages.
- TopTal developer check-list: Web Developer Checklist;
- Tailwind CSS Framework: Build modern websites without ever leaving your HTML
- Sketch: UX designers;
- Canva: Infographics & Graphic Design;
- Sizzy: For responsive UX websites & mobile web developers;
- Protopie: An App that can help you create mobile interactions in the easiest way possible.
Project Management (PM):
- Trello: A project management or organiser application that is created to track the progress of a specific project;
- Hubstaff Tasks: A project management tool that helps teams in organising their tasks and collaborating effectively;
Image conversion & compression tools:
- TinyPNG: Smart WebP compression (includes WP & Photoshop plugins);
- 11zon: PDF, Image compression, converter tools & Code formatter, beautify.
Creative proprietary professional design tools (Adobe):
- Adobe Creative Cloud: About twenty applications for photo, video, creation, web, UX design and social networks.
By R. Lepori, CTO @ARTELABS.